Romain Cross Pointe Auto Park, an operating unit of United Companies, has an immediate opening for a Business Development Coordinator – Service Scheduler. This full-time, hourly, benefits-eligible position is responsible for promptly and professionally answering incoming inquiries and assisting customers with coordinating automotive service appointments or locating the proper personnel to assist them. Ensures that Business Development Center (BDC) goals are achieved or exceeded on a monthly basis. Generally working Monday through Friday from 7:30am to 4:30pm CT, the position may require adjusted scheduling based on business conditions and/or management discretion.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Promptly and professionally assist customers with scheduling all service and Fleet appointments by phone, email, or other company-directed methods.
- Take complete messages and callback requests and promptly route to appropriate employee.
- Check the service schedule daily to ensure appointments are properly scheduled.
- Utilize the company’s designated systems and tools, including our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, to document all customer interactions and attempts for interaction, completing to-do tasks, inserting notes, setting appointment reminders, etc.
- Perform outgoing service calls relating to customer warranty campaigns, notification of Special Order Parts delivery and appointments for installation, rescheduling missed appointments, coordinating first maintenance service appointments, coordinating appointments for other products and services such as OnStar, Service department web leads, and other areas as directed.
- Consistently follow company guidelines and scripts for answering the phone, setting appointments, following-up, etc.
- Plan and organize Fleet services and maintenance schedules.
- Initiate departmental improvements and streamline for increased efficiencies.
- Maintain correct staffing levels through proper scheduling coordination to ensure the effective and efficient use of resources.
- Prospect local businesses through mailings, both electronic and direct, for new business development.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by management.
Education, Experience, & Skills:
- Education: High school diploma/equivalent is minimally required.
- Experience: Prior experience handling a multi-line phone system is preferred. Prior experience with representing a professional business (both in person and by phone) to large corporations as well as individual customers is preferred.
- Skills & Abilities: Demonstrate a personal commitment to quality in all aspects of work. Demonstrate a strong customer-centered service philosophy. Maintain a professional, well-groomed personal appearance. Demonstrate a friendly and outgoing personality with a courteous and professional presence. Possess strong verbal, written, and active listening skills. Comfortable performing phone work 8+ hours a day. Ability to consistently meet and exceed daily goals and objectives. Demonstrate strong organizational skills while effectively handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced business environment with competing priorities. Demonstrate strong detail orientation. Demonstrate strong follow-up and follow-through skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Strong interpersonal abilities to deal effectively with customers and business contacts at all levels. Strong computer skills, including proficiency with databases and with Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, and Excel. Ability to work independently, without constant supervision. Possess a working knowledge of basic office equipment, such as printers, copiers, faxes, scanners. Must possess and continually maintain a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.
At Romain Cross Pointe Auto Park we put the focus on the CUSTOMER!
Since 1964, the Romain Automotive Group has experienced continuous growth throughout its years of business. Dedicated to selling, leasing, and servicing new and used vehicles in a retail setting, the group owns and operates an expanding automobile network in Indiana. Since its inception, Romain Cross Pointe Auto Park has sought to deliver to each customer a unique dealership experience.
The dealership’s pursuit of quality customer service is paramount and comes from our commitment to ongoing company and vehicle manufacturer training. Romain Cross Pointe continues the tradition of finding the right transportation solution for each customer.
Romain Automotive Group is a multiple-year recipient of national automotive certifications, such as the Subaru Stellar Performer Program, GM Mark of Excellence, and GM Standards for Excellence. Additionally, dealership management is actively involved with many local, regional, and national automotive organizations.