PURPOSE OF JOB: The Part-Time Photographer is an individual contributor role responsible for taking digital photos of inventory units for online marketing purposes.
REPORTING STRUCTURE: The Part-Time Photographer reports directly to the Pre-Owned Vehicle Administrator.
- Takes photographs, edits, organizes, and stores photographs of vehicles as directed by management, primarily for marketing purposes. Uses traditional or digital cameras and related equipment.
- Determine desired images and picture composition, selecting and adjusting subjects, equipment, and lighting to achieve desired effects. Ensures images meet minimum standards of photo quality, including but not limited to, appropriate lighting, background view management, at least the minimum quantity of photos as directed by management.
- Manipulates and enhances scanned or digital images to create desired effects, using computers and specialized software.
- Tranfers images to computers for editing, archiving, and electronic submission.
- Performs maintenance tasks necessary to keep equipment working properly.
- Prepares the Service Drive areas and vehicles before, during, and after photos. This may require actions such as removal of water or snow as necessary (chamois) and maintaining the Service Drive (mopping excess water, as may be necessary).
- Performs quality work within deadlines, with or without direct supervision
- Interacts professionally with other employees, customers, suppliers, and others in the course of employment
- Works independently while understanding the necessity for accuracy and consistently communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees, departments, teams, and organizations
- Exemplifies the company’s Mission, Vision, Philosophy & Values as well as supports company initiatives
- Travels as business needs may require, currently expected to be minimal
- Performs other duties as may be assigned at management discretion
- This position minimally requires a high school diploma/equivalent.
- Prior photography experience is highly preferred.
Other Skills and Requirements:
- Proficiency in photography editing and Microsoft Office software
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving history
- Must be able to safely drive vehicles with both automatic and manual transmissions
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services
- Ability to stoop, bend, and twist in order to take vehicle photos from various angles
- Ability to stand or walk on concrete/hard surfaces for several hours at a time.
- Clear, effective, and professional communications skills (written and oral)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be able to provide proof of employment eligibility within the United States
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.