PURPOSE OF JOB:
• New Vehicle Check-In
• Retail Trade Acceptance
• Vehicle Cleanliness
• Retail Appearance
• Parts Distribution
• Miscellaneous Errands
- Personally commit to quality in all aspects of work. Participate in and promote the established Quality Improvement. Participate on teams to research, communicate, example and implement the Company’s Mission Statement, Vision Statement, Values, and Philosophy.
- Attend at least ten (10) hours of Quality Training.
- Checks the get readies frequently.
- Physically checks new vehicles into the retail facility, noting and reporting any damage from transit.
- Assigns stock numbers to each new vehicle, puts the number in the vehicle window, and ensures that the proper keys are in the vehicle and tagged
- Parks vehicles in inventory, in stock for new vehicles, or in the service area for vehicles being serviced.
- Checks retailer trades for possible damage.
- Parks retailer trade vehicles in inventory.
- Drives retailer trade vehicles to other retail facilities when requested.
- Washes and waxes new vehicles and dresses the tires.
- Ability to estimate time of service or repair job for purposes of efficient scheduling.
- Cleans new and used for delivery.
- Ensures that newly sold vehicles have full gas tanks prior to delivery to guests.
- Washes serviced vehicles and moves them to the service parking area.
- Drives service/repair customers to their homes or places of employment
- Assists in ensuring the neat appearance of the retail facility (e.g., picks up litter, shovels snow off vehicles, wipes off showroom cars, cleans offices’ windows).
- Embraces, examples and communicates our company Quality program to employees.
- Travels as business needs may require.
- Performs other duties as directed by Management.
PREREQUISITE EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES &/OR COMPETENCIES:
- Customer Service Orientation
- Continuous Improvement
- Customer Enthusiasm
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Organizing and Planning
- Must possess and continually maintain a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to safely operate vehicles with both manual and automatic transmissions.
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.