Romain Cross Pointe Auto Park, an operating unit of United Companies, is hiring a Service Manager for our Fixed Operations team at our automotive dealership. This full-time salaried and exempt position is responsible for leading the team in meeting and exceeding goals and objectives of the Service department. Efficiently and professionally manages the activities associated with receiving, processing, and redelivering vehicles being serviced by the dealership, consistent with dealership and manufacturer standards. Manages a team of ~20 direct reports.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Establish performance goals and objectives for each direct report to achieve/exceed desired results.
- Maintain Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) scores for all manufacturers at or above national, region, and zone levels.
- Investigate and address customer issues quickly and thoroughly to ensure all customer experiences are World Class.
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with manufacturer representatives.
- Manage manufacturers’ warranty claim processes to ensure compliance with requirements. Assist Warranty Administrator with the processing of claims and the collection of warranty payments.
- Prepare, analyze, and distribute daily ASM and other performance reports.
- Attend and participate in management activities as requested by the General Manager and Senior Management.
- Establish and maintain supportive relationships with all department managers.
- Attend, participate in, and communicate relevant information to others from departmental meetings and company initiatives.
- Ensure timely and accurate entry of service records in designated company systems.
- Travel as business needs may require.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned at management discretion.
Management & Supervision:
- Directly supervise the Assistant Service Managers (ASM’s), Service Drive Porters, and Drivers group.
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings with direct reports as directed by management.
- Review business plan performance with each direct report. Develop and manage corrective actions, as needed.
- Maintain business documents and records, including electronic records, in a manner consistent with standards. Documents and records include, but are not limited to, employment forms, job descriptions, and policies and procedures.
- Complete annual performance reviews for each direct report.
- Ensure all training requirements are completed effectively and timely.
- Participate in managerial responsibilities during the full employment cycle: hiring, communication, training, development, performance management, safety, separation, etc.
Education, Experience, & Skills:
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent is minimally required. College coursework and/or degree is preferred.
- Experience: 3+ years of prior work experience as an Assistant Service Manager (ASM) or Service Advisor at an automotive service facility; 2+ years of supervisory experience with directly managing others is preferred.
- Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to quality in all aspects of work.
- Strong customer service orientation and professional presence.
- Demonstrate an outgoing, energetic demeanor and strong sales skills.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong written, oral, and listening communication skills, with customers, management, co-workers, and others.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and execute against business objectives.
- Demonstrate self-motivation, self-direction, and initiative.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Prior work experience in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Must possess and continually maintain a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to safely operate motor vehicles with both manual and automatic transmissions.
- Possess and maintain a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications as well as databases and systems relevant to the position.
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.